- Write about something stressful in your past that worked out to some good.
- Write about something stressful going on now. Brainstorm all the ways God can work it for good and how you might be refined to be a bit more like Jesus.
- Pick a Psalm. Rewrite it from your perspective as you are right now. Rewrite the same Psalm from the P.O.V. of someone you find to be a challenge.
- Write a healing letter to someone with whom you have a very, very difficult relationship. Decide if it would encourage the person if you were to actually send it. Or pray it.
- Write a poem or prose using “A time to….” (Ecclesiastes) as your launching point.
- Write about what you still haven’t let go of, still worry about, still try to control. Now what?