Here’s a sampling of my Life Group’s home-grown proverbs. Below those, is the prompt you can use if you’d like to write some of your own.
- He who talks but never listens will soon be talking to himself.
- Your thoughts, when written out, will live beyond your years.
- A mother’s strong words spoken in love will push you up.
- The love of a father shapes his child’s heart.
- A creative heart is a well-spring of God’s love.
- A fool only understands more foolishness.
- A lazy person sees conspiracies everywhere to justify his idleness.
- A timely, sincere apology heals two hearts.
- Good motives do not expunge evil deeds.
Prompt: List 3 people who’ve positively influenced you, 3 who are/were thorns in your side and then list 3 pivotal decisions you’ve made in your life. Write your own proverbs inspired by those people and your decisions.
This entry was posted in bible study
, creative nonfiction
, the way the world works
and tagged creativity
, growth group
, life group
, writers workshop
. Bookmark the permalink